EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY:
We do business in accordance with federal and state fair housing laws and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, source of income, medical condition, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, citizenship, immigration status, primary language, any arbitrary basis or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
An application to rent is required from EACH applicant 18 years of age and over who will be residing in the apartment. Incomplete applications or the failure of all adult applicants to complete an application will prevent the application(s) from being processed.
Applicants will be approved with the standard security deposit if they meet the following:
- At least 3 credit accounts in "Current" and/or "As Agreed" status greater than 12 months AND no unpaid collection accounts, unpaid charge-offs, outstanding bad debt, unpaid civil judgments, and/or evictions.
Applicants will be conditionally approved with additional security deposit, to be determined, if they meet any of the following:
- At least 1 credit account in "Current" and/or "As Agreed" status greater than 6 months AND no unpaid collection accounts, unpaid charge-offs, outstanding bad debt, unpaid civil judgments, and/or evictions.
- Previously delinquent accounts in "Current was 30/60" or "Paid Collection" status if all of the following are met: At least 3 open credit accounts in "Current" and/or "As Agreed" status greater than 12 months AND no unpaid collection accounts, unpaid charge-offs, outstanding bad debt, unpaid civil judgments, and/or evictions AND the number of previously delinquent accounts does not exceed the number of open credit accounts in "Current" and/or "As Agreed" status.
**Bankruptcies older than 5 years will not be considered, if at least 3 open credit accounts in "Current" and/or "As Agreed" status have been established since the date of bankruptcy and all accounts meet the above criteria.
Applicants with no credit history will be conditionally approved with a security deposit equal to two times the monthly rent and require all of the following:
- A co-signer/guarantor who is a California resident with a strong, satisfactory credit history and verifiable income that is 5 times the monthly rent (verifiable sources are listed below).
- A month to month tenancy for a period of 6 months (after which time a fixed term lease will be offered if there have been no late payments and/or other lease violations).
Income will be evaluated for all applicants and must be verified. Qualifying applicants must have combined household gross monthly legal and verifiable income at least 2.5 times the monthly rent. Legal and verifiable income sources include but are not limited:
- Current and recent pay stubs
- Trust accounts, grants or loans
- Alimony/child support
- Social security or other retirement income
- Bank statements
- Income tax returns
- Unemployment benefits
- Worker's compensation payments
- Subsidy Payments, Welfare/Disability/SSI
- Any other legal, verifiable income
- Past evictions
- Notices served for non-payment of rent
- More than one late rent payment during the tenancy
- More than one payment returned for non-sufficient funds during the tenancy
- Unpaid damages to property
- Lease or rules violations unless landlord confirms issue was resolved and not repeated
- Roommate references are not acceptable
- Conviction for any crimes against persons or property (10 years)
- Any terrorist related conviction (no limit on time period)
- Any conviction for manufacture or distribution of controlled substances (no time limit)
- Any prostitution related conviction (10 years)
- The facts and/or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct;
- The applicant’s age at the time of the criminal conduct;
- Evidence that the applicant has maintained a good tenant history before and after the criminal conduct; and
- Evidence of rehabilitation and/or any other mitigating factors that the applicant wants considered.
The relationship between property management and the resident is a business relationship. A courteous and business like attitude is required from both parties. We reserve the right to refuse rental to anyone who is verbally abusive, swears, is disrespectful, makes threats, is argumentative, or in general displays behavior that is contentious towards management, the maintenance staff, or other residents.
Effective April 8, 2021